April 3, 2020
Wilber-Clatonia students, parents, families and staff:
I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience and flexibility as we work through th is unprecedented time. AS you may have seen already, Governor Richetts announced an additional Directed Health Measure (DHM) Wednesday evening. This announcement came without any "heads up" to school leaders across the state. Included in the DHM from the Governor was the following statement:
"Under this new DHM, schools statewide are directed to operate without students in their buildings through May 31, 2020. Extracurricular activities are also canceled statewide. This restriction does not apply to school staff working in school buildings."
This announcement effectively closes the Wilber-Clatonia Public Schools building and grounds to students until at least May 31. This also cancels all award events and school related activities until at least May 31.
This announcement creates numerous questions in terms of how Wilber-Clatonia will officially close out the school year. The administrative team will be putting out a series of communications as decisions are made. Below is a list of some important decisions that will need to be made moving forward. Please continue to contact the school if you have questions.
Impact of the Current DHM for Wilber-Clatonia:
- Continuity of Learning Plan
- We will continue offering our students remote learning opportunities through the scheduled end of the school year which is May 20 or as long as possible should conditions warrant a change.
- We plan to observe SPRING BREAK, April 10 and 13. No lessons will go out on those days and lunches will not be served. Take the opportunity to enjoy your family.
- Decisions will be made on how staff will report student progress. This will include seniors progress toward graduation requirements.
- Graduation-The Board of Education has stated they are committed to providing a graduation ceremony for your seniors. We will have to re-schedule-more likely late summer. The administrators and Board will work together to come up with a plan for this milestone event.
- Student checkout- Plans will need to be created for students to return to school to collect their personal items. Chromebook check-in, classroom and library book check-in, PE/athletic check-in, etc.
- 2020-21 6th grade move up and transition activities-Plans will need to made for these activities.
- Summer programs- Plans for summer facility use in general will need to be altered, this includes driver's ed, weight training, extracurricular camps and clinics, etc.
- Meal Program: The meal program will continue through at least May 20 unless we are told we can no longer conduct the program or are unable to conduct this program for some other unforeseen reason. Meals will continue to be available for pickup at 5 sites at 11:30. These sites are: Wilber-Clatonia School, Clatonia Community Center, Wilber Catholic Church, Wilber City Park and the Wilber Soccer Fields at the intersection of E Ash and Ok Streets. We will contact you should the schedule or delivery sites need to change. NOTE: NO LUNCHES WILL BE DELIVERED ON April 10 and 13 due to spring break.
I want to say thank you for all of your efforts in keeping Wilber-Clatonia students safe in the coming weeks. Continue to practice social distancing, don't congregate in large groups, maintain personal hygiene by washing hands frequently and stay away from others if you feel ill. We also ask for your continued assistance in helping students to stay focused on learning. Please reach out if you need anything or if you are experiencing a crisis.
Ray Collins, Superintendent
Wilber-Clatonia Public Schools
May 26, 2020 2020 Graduation Announcement On Thursday, May 21st, the Governor amended the State's Direct Health Measure (DHM) for Saline county and others. The latest, beginning June 1 . . .
Recommendations for Continued School Closure Due to COVID-19 March 24, 2020 Recommendations for Continued School Closure Due to COVID-19 Based on the current epidemiological risk factors, and . . .
WILBER-CLATONIA PUBLIC SCHOOLS WILL RECOGNIZE SPRING BREAK FOR ALL STUDENTS AND STAFF ON FRIDAY, APRIL 10 and MONDAY, APRIL 13. THERE WILL BE NO SCHOOL LUNCH PROGRAM ON FRIDAY, April 10th OR MONDAY, April 13, but WILL . . .
School Wellness Policy A mission of Wilber Clatonia Public Schools ("District") is to provide curriculum, instruction, and experiences in a health-promoting school environment to instill habits of lifelong learning and . . .
Also Addresses & Phone Numbers
SCHOOL ADDRESS PHONE # web link Adams Central 1090 S. Adams Central, Hastings, NE 402-463-3285 Map to Adams Central School Archbishop Bergan . . .
School District #82 will be conducting a school census during the month of June. In order to get the most accurate and complete number and names of persons living within our district, we are asking the patrons to complete the . . .
Non-Discrimination Statement The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age disability, sex, gender . . .
Southern Nebraska Conference
School Name Superintendent Home Page Centennial Brian Maher centennialpublic.org David City Jerry Phillips davidcitypublicschools.org . . .