Mobile Dairy Classroom Visits
On Thursday, November 16th the Mobile Dairy Classroom visited Wilber Clatonia Schools
Trained instructors demonstrated how to milk a cow, and described how milk goes from the farm to the consumer.
The Mobile Dairy Classroom is a division of the Southwest Dairy Museum, Inc., a non-profit, educational program funded by dairymen across the Southwest and Southeast.
Each Mobile Dairy Classroom Program includes:
- A 30- to 45-minute oral presentation (Depending on the age of audience) by a trained Instructor
- Printed educational material for teachers and students
- A milking demonstration
Instructors teach audiences:
- Characteristics and anatomy of dairy cows
- The importance of dairy foods for good health
- The modern milking process
- Modern environmental and food safety practices.